BT In The News
- April 6, 2017 - USA Today: How Cavs' Richard Jefferson overcame severe asthma to save his NBA career
- March 9, 2017 - Chicago Tribune: From the community: Every step is a victory for Montgomery woman with severe asthma who participated in "Hustle Up the Hancock"
- February 26, 2017 - Fox News: Bronchial Thermoplasty on Fox News 2/26/17, Hustle up the Hancock "20th Anniversary Event"
- April 09, 2014 - Everyday Health: Heat May Relieve Asthma When Medicines Aren't Enough
- March 9, 2012 - The New York Times: Relief for Severe Asthma, at a High Price
- August 25, 2011 - CBS Early Morning Show: Effective new treatment for severe asthma
- The Doctors: (video segment)
- Search for BT articles and videos in the News – Google Search
The Alair™ Bronchial Thermoplasty System is indicated for the treatment of severe persistent asthma in patients 18 years and older whose asthma is not well controlled with inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists.
As with any procedure, there are risks, and individual results may vary. The most common adverse event of BT is a temporary worsening of respiratory-related symptoms. These events typically occur within one day of the BT procedure and usually resolve within a week with standard care. There is a small risk (3.4% per procedure) that symptoms may require hospitalization.2